I never thought I'd get to that point where I felt that life was flying by too quickly, but this semester has picked up our family's pace quite a bit! Here are a few highlights from our second semester.
First and foremost Tyler was called as Elder's Quorum President at the end of January. I know, surprise, surprise right?? :) The following Sunday I was called as Relief Society activities coordinator. So every weekend Tyler has had to go help someone move, help paint something, help clean up parks, and about every Sunday morning and afternoon he has had meetings. And every month I plan activities and carry them out. This semester has proved much, much more time consuming as far as classes for Tyler are concerned, but I feel like he's done an excellent job balancing family, school, and his calling in the ward. Yes sometimes I feel like a single mother (especially the last 6 weeks) having the girls alone from 7:30 ish in the morning until 11-11:30 ish at night with a small dinner break in there, but he passed all his classes and is helping those people who need it more than I do!!
This semester has brought on another bout of illness in our family. I felt like it was never going to end!! The last 3 weeks we've been healthy, and that sadly is the longest time frame we've had of health in this house since we moved here!! Along with getting the usual colds, Lyndi wound up with a few things. She is quite the gymnast in her room and climbs along her headboard like a tight rope! I had been telling her over and over and over again not to do it, and this time it proved to be the last time.

This was one of those terrifying moments when it feels like time slows down but you have to hurry so fast to fix the problem. She slipped on the headboard and fell sideways and ended up smacking her face on the sideboard and hitting her gut (we found the huge bruise the next day...didn't know she had hit there too...) on the corner of her headboard. Her mouth bled so much in the next few minutes and of course I didn't have the car!! I checked her lip and it looked like it had split all the way through, but after a few minutes I got the bleeding to slow down and saw that we might end up not taking a trip to the ER. Crazy adrenaline rush!! She ended up with a fat lip, but was alright and it healed up quick.
What seemed like a week later she developed pink eye. We came to find out a few other kids that she does preschool with had it a few weeks before. Luckily we have an almost eye doctor in the house ;) and free access to the eye clinic that he works at! Proud moment: Tyler concluded that it was the bacterial infection instead of the viral infection, but when he took Lyndi in to get an antibiotic, the doctor said it was the viral infection. She gave her some eye drops anyway thinking they wouldn't do anything, but the next morning it was already clearing up. Tyler was right. :) Thankfully no one else ended up with it!

We went to Greensburg for Tyler's Spring break and the morning after we got there, it was snowing! And of course I didn't pack any snow attire for anyone, so we put Lyndi in several layers of pants, tights, socks, long sleeves and a jacket, some mittens and a hat borrowed from my mom. We proceeded to build the biggest snowman anyone has ever seen!! Just kidding, but it was pretty huge. The next day all the snow was gone except the snowman :) I donated my hair to locks of love (very hesitantly I might add, it took forever to grow out!) and when I got home, Lyndi saw a picture of Dafne's haircut (my niece) and she said "I want Dafne's haircut!" So I attempted to cut her hair. I was happy to see that it's thickened up since I cut it off!
This is a really scatter-brained post... Here are some pictures of Diva Lyndi. She loves to dress up and get her hair done! Also I think she has a little OCD... She categorized her grapes one day at lunch and asked me to take a picture. Another picture is of her lunch able that she was proud of :)







Sisterly love :) these two adore each other!!




Fun at the park finally!! Lyndi can NOT walk across a flat, stable surface without falling down, but she an climb like nobody's business! One if a picture of Lyndi with several eggs at our Easter egg hunt :) another picture is of Emerie and her friend Ayla in the baby swing :) it's surprisingly more stable that way ;) then they don't fall backwards!!





Emerie has learned lots of things this last few months! She started rolling over in March and about 2 weeks later she was sitting up alone! I'm attempting to stop her from crawling until we get out of our mouse trap/poop apartment! She's just about there though. 2 mobile kids... I'm not ready!!! One picture is of her getting stuck under the doll crib, another is of her sitting up, another is of her being too tired to hold her head up so she just laid it down :) and One is of her after she fell asleep on top of her baby doll, melted my heart!!





I can't believe we're through a year here already!! 3 more to go ;)
So happy to hear that one of my traits have gone through to another family member ;). I love hearing about new things Emerie does because that means Kaiya will be there soon!
ReplyDelete