Monday, January 6, 2014

Lyndi's 4th birthday!

My first born has had another birthday!

She turned 4 on December 16, and, due to the chaos December brings and the bugs that come in to our house, she had croup on the day of her party and on her birthday.  We had to postpone her birthday party for a month!  I felt so bad for her...  She was so excited to have friends over but I decided the night before that it wasn't worth getting 5 other girls sick with it too!  Emerie developed it a few days before we left for my mom's house as well, but that meant we got it all out of our systems BEFORE Christmas this year instead of ON Christmas! 

Lyndi asked for all ballet stuff for her birthday, (I know, surprise, surprise right?) so she got all the attire for it and a little beginners DVD.  She LOVES it!  It's a cute little video with songs teaching how to stretch and do a few basic steps.  She also got a ballet Barbie and Tyler got her a mini-cheesecake since we were leaving the next morning.  I didn't want a cake sitting for a week at our empty house.  When we got to my mom's she asked for a tye-dye birthday cake (yes they now make a zebra patterned cake and a tye-dye patterned cake!).  She picked the mix out herself at the store and we made tye-dye cupcakes that week for her.  It was pretty fun! 

She now knows to write her name and mom and dad.  She's working on learning to read.  She's become very interested in it the last few months, and I'm trying to be creative on a student's budget to get her materials to help her!  Any suggestions are welcome :)  She is also a very independent and tidy dresser.  She will pick out two pink things, or purple or blue things and put them on, even if they don't match shades.  Sometimes I have to compromise because there (believe it or not!) IS such a thing as too much pink.  Haha, but she's always been my neat freak.  She is offended sometimes when I pick out blue jeans to wear with a purple shirt instead of a purple skirt to wear with a purple shirt.  She loves to help in the kitchen, and help mom around the house.  She is a very obedient child most of the time, even if she throws a fit in the process. 

That's a year's update on my little princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment